Born in Steyr (Upper Austria) in 1954, grew up in St. Gallen (Styria). Teaching degree (Latin and History) and Doctorate in History from the University of Vienna (Graduating ceremony in 1979, conferral of doctorate 1980). Member of the Austrian Institute for Historical Research.
Staff member of the Diocesan Archive of Vienna since 1981 and the Director of the Archive since 2013.
Late Antiquity and Medieval Historiography, Regional and Church History of Lower Austria and Vienna.